Right now the only viable option to install the Sublime Package Control is via Git in the Terminal. I’m a Terminal newbie on Mac OS X, so it took a while to figure out how to install it properly.
I wrote a quick guide to installing Sublime Package Control for Sublime Text 3 on the Mac, hopefully this helps other OS X users!
– Sublime Text 3 Beta
– Mac OS X 10.8
- Install Git on your Mac, I used Git for OS X. At the time of writing, the latest version is 22.214.171.124.
- Open the Terminal and Sublime Text 3 Beta.
- In Sublime Text 3, go to Preferences > Browse Packages. This will open up the Packages folder in a new Finder window. Keep this window open!
- In the Terminal type the following command (note the space after cd):
- Drag and drop the Packages folder into the Terminal window and hit return to enter this command. This is an easy way to get the exact path to the folder in the Terminal. My Terminal window looks like this, your path may (unless your home folder is also named Chris!) differ slightly.
- Enter the following into the Terminal:
git clone https://github.com/wbond/sublime_package_control.git "Package Control"
Edit: Thanks to Juanjo D. for this helpful command line tip!
Edit 2: Removed ‘-b python3’, this branch no longer exists.