I was recently working on a WordPress site hosted on GoDaddy. The problem that I was encountering was a persistent “Welcome to the block editor” modal every time I loaded the Block Editor.
- In the browser console, I noticed an internal server error for the
- I logged into GoDaddy hosting and looked at the Real Time firewall log and noticed that the GoDaddy firewall was blocking my IP from requesting that WordPress REST API endpoint.
- Website Security and Backups > Firewall > Real Time
- To temporarily fix my issue & test a fix I proceeded to add to IP to the Allow IP Addresses under Access Control
- Website Security and Backups > Firewall > Settings > Access Control > Allow IP Addresses
Allowing my IP addressed fixed my issue temporarily but this was not a permanent solution as I have a dynamic IP.
Here’s how you can permanently allow GoDaddy to access the WordPress REST API:
- Under Website Security and Backups, click on the website you want to manage
- Under Firewall, click on Details
- Click on Settings
- Click on Access Control
- Click Allow URL Paths
- In the input field add
/wp/v2/and click Allow